Simple Every Day Detox Tips
- Wash fruit and vegetables well before storing them away. 1/2 up of white vinegar in a sink of water works well.
- Buy organic foods
- Dry Skin brushing. Before your daily shower, spend 5 minutes brushing your skin from head to toe using small circular movements. This helps increase circulation and breaks down fatty deposits
- Buy organic skin/haircare product. Did you know that the average women lathers over 300 chemicals onto her body before breakfast each morning.
- Buy or make your own organic cleansers. They are easy to make and will save you money.
- Avoid storing food in plastic containers or using plastic wrap. Instead opt for glass, ceramic or stainless steel.
- Avoid food additives and preservatives. If it is in a packet or a tin it is most likely full of chemicals. I can recommend "Swallow This" a book by Joanna Blythman, an insiders view of undisclosed processing practices used with the food industry.
- Exercise – Exercise and movement are a very important part of the cleansing process. It helps improve circulation, expels toxins, relaxes the body and mind through the release of endorphins
- Sweat- schedule time to enjoy an infrared sauna or steam room which will help to increase circulation and assist with the elimination of toxins through the skin
- Hydrate – drink enough water each day to help flush your system.
- Zinc is necessary for detoxification
BED., BHSc., Dip.Nat., Dip.Herb.Med., NMHNZ